Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

ΰΈΊBanana PI for Codesys Runtime

drsumruay
2019-03-17
2023-12-15
  • drsumruay - 2019-03-17

Does the Banana Pi single board compatible for Codesys runtime which already installed Rasbian OS ?

Here is the specification of Banana Pi
    http://www.banana-pi.org/m3.html

Thanks,
    with regards

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-03-20

Hi,
    at the moment not supported.

BR
    Edwin

• petergk - 2020-12-18

Hi,

I have a similar question, I have a Banana Pi M4 unit already and I want to learn how to use the Codesys for Raspberry Pi interface. I have installed Raspbian Jessie https://doc-0s-ak-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/u7pjan99te4m3glcodq1l2fjqq2h55cr/vccmnm6fnkvi1c6p2hb8qv08atneol9i/1593104025000/13153525161991982757/07736365916162362057/15cypBk4NKL0X8uD3Mffc__Sx05j39xCW?e=download&authuser=0&nonce=i97c2m3ctmh14&user=07736365916162362057&hash=auu79mosl2lue8k3mo4nudnrf7h7b6js

Is there a fundamental difference in the way the devices operate as I have run into some errors trying to deploy the Codesys runtime to the Banana Pi. The other threads about runtime issues seem to show the Raspberry Pi having similar issue from time to time and the reason for this is unclear as the bug seems to fix itself after a bit of fiddling and trying to connect manually via the IP address using the scan tool with the filters turned off. With most of the threads converging on this kind of behaviour being a bug.

The Banana Pi, which I find using the scan function with the filters turned off seems to respond when I try to deploy the runtime environment. But then during the deployment I get the error below:

[ERROR] Error output: cat: /sys/devices/virtual/bcm2708_vcio/vcio/dev: No such file or directory mknod: missing operand after 'c' Special files require major and minor device numbers. Try 'mknod --help' for more information.

Is there enough difference between the Banana Pi and the Raspberry Pi to cause unavoidable crashes with this runtume environment or did I just specifically luck and there is a work around?

I know that Banana Pi is not supported but right now I really don't want to have to buy a new Raspberry Pi to do this kind of personal learning.

• Morberis

Morberis - 2020-12-18

I think the issue is the different CPU's. The phrasing that I like, since it's so nebulous, is that software is only mostly compatible between the 2. In fact the error there is about the CPU, here's a link about that BCM2708.

I don't know enough to give you a technical explanation on why that CPU difference matters, sorry.

Last edit: Morberis 2020-12-18
    • hermsen

hermsen - 2020-12-18

You can use a normal PC for testing most of your code by making sure you install Control Win which ships with the CODESYS IDE installer. I use it most of the time, unless I need to do target specific stuff (IO related stuff)

πŸ‘
  • eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2020-12-18

There will come out a generic ARM Linux SL,
    Will be available end of march.

Last edit: eschwellinger 2020-12-18
  • jjzapico - 2021-02-18

Hello, what happened to the Unipi runtime? To return to? UniPi Neuron for CODESYS SL 1.0.2.0 ?

• Morberis

Morberis - 2021-02-18

3rd party made and maintained it and they stopped doing it. When I asked they were looking to remake it in house but it would be some time.

πŸ‘
    • jjzapico - 2021-02-18

Do you know where I can download the previous runtime UniPi Neuron for CODESYS SL 1.0.2.0?

• jjzapico - 2021-02-18

Does anyone know where I can download the previous runtime? UniPi Neuron for CODESYS SL 1.0.2.0?

Last edit: jjzapico 2021-02-18
  • matthew - 2022-05-27

Is there now support for the Banana Pi or any of the other clones such as the Orange Pi, Rock Pi, Odroid etc With the raspberry pi being difficult to get hold of these days I have been looking at other options. I know there is the ARM SL but it cost's away more than the Raspberry Pi option and does not include WebVisu, Fieldbuses etc the ARM SL is just out of budget for small applications that I use the PI for. Or is there another low cost alternative available?