CODESYS - the IEC 61131-3 automation software

Welcome to the official CODESYS Forum by 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH | A member of the CODESYS Group
Deutsche Version English version russian version 
It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:38 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:40 pm 

Is there a way to detect that a client is connected and is able to communicate with webvisu? My concern is that a user loses connection over wifi and is not able to stop the plc remotely. Ideally I would like to have a variable that could be used to enable a safety latch.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:11 pm 

Hello,

Still looking for a solution to this. If anyone has any advice it would be most welcome!

Google is giving me nothing, at least not with the search terms I'm coming up with.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:51 am 
Site Admin

Hi,
check the examples here in the PI section:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6247&p=13503#p13503
BR
Edwin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:40 am 

maybe I'm starting to get somewhere.

I can see that when I watch the auto logout timer, the time will start ticking down from 50 days one the first client login (webvisu loaded into browser) and stops when I disconnect the client from wifi. Is there a variable that will simply allow me to tell if the webvisu client is connected? Is there a timeout flag of srts that can be seen when I close my wifi connection on the client end?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:37 am 

I keep forgetting to update this thread.

I never did find a status bit of sorts or even a variable with number of clients connected, etc. I wasn't even able to use the client type function, since they returned nothing or ??. I did however use the auto-logoff countdown timer to determine when a client was present and used it to control a safety latch when the user is toggled into a certain run mode.

If there is a simpler way to just see if a client is there or not, via a BOOL or other variable, (eg: number_of_clients = 0) please let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:28 pm 

Hello

I am doing the same thing, do you know what happens when the autologout runs out?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:39 pm 

Here's the workaround that I've been able to accomplish:

For my application, I am only looking to see if there is a client using Webvisu or not, I am not so much concerned with how many Webvisu clients there are at any given time. I can keep count of the number of clients using Webvisu with the following:

Declaration:
Code:
pClient       :    POINTER TO VisuElems.VisuElemBase.VisuStructClientData;
ClientCount : INT := 0;
NoClients: BOOL; //True if there are no webvisu clients

Program:
Code:
VisuElems.g_ClientManager.BeginIteration();
ClientCount:=0;
WHILE (pClient := VisuElems.VisuElemBase.g_ClientManager.GetNextClient()) <> 0 DO
    IF pClient^.GlobalData.ClientType = VisuElems.VisuElemBase.Visu_ClientType.WebVisualization THEN
      ClientCount:= ClientCount+1;
    END_IF
END_WHILE

IF ClientCount =0 THEN
   NoClients := TRUE;
ELSE
   NoClients := FALSE;
END_IF

The inspiration came from the following link on the FAQ page: https://faq.codesys.com/display/CDSFAQ/WebVisu%3A+Reading+the+IP+Address+of+the+Client

Hope this helps!