CODESYS - the IEC 61131-3 automation software

Welcome to the official CODESYS Forum by 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH | A member of the CODESYS Group
Deutsche Version English version russian version 
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:02 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:11 am 

Hi all,

I am quite new to CODESYS and raspberry pi, I am just wondering is it possible to use the produced and consumed tags from the AB software with the CODESYS software so I can use the information on the web visualisation of the CODESYS software?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:35 am 
Site Admin

Hi,
not sure maybe this example will give you an idea how this might work.
https://store.codesys.com/rockwell-1734 ... ation.html
BR
Edwin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:42 am 

Edwin, that example uses a remote i/o device that is typically installed in the project tree of an Allen Bradley project with the tags populated in the tag database as a group when it is added.

Consumed and Produced tags are user declared tags with a produced tag declared on one controller and a corresponding consumed tag declared on a separate controller. I believe these produced/consumed tags can be of any data type. I'm guessing this is a proprietary implementation and is not compatible with non AB systems. Perhaps a messaging instruction of some sort is possible between the two controllers of different types.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:29 am 
Site Admin

hm..
CODESYS plc could be EIP scanner or adapter,
so I assume that this might be possible for AB Systems ( Add the CODESYS plc as EIP adaper?)
BR
Edwin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:17 am 

Hi,

I see 2 ways of doing this:

1. Use Raspberry PI as remote adapter. Check this topic viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5836

In CodeSys you add remote input modules. You can use one big input module or several several modules different sizes, it depends from your situation. One tip: big input module is 505 bytes. You need to change size of it to 500 to use it with AB (maximum size of input or output connection parameter is 500).
In CompactLogix you add Generic Ethernet Module with same size outputs configuration as for inputs in CodeSys.
Map all tags in CompactLogix Program to outputs of Generic Ethernet Module and you can read them in CodeSys program.

It will give you possibility to pass tags from CompactLogix to Raspberry. If you want to change tags in CompactLogix from Raspi, you need to do it opposite way: outputs at CodeSys side and inputs at CompactLogix plus, I assume, you should use some logic to prevent racing for tags that used both in output and input section.

2. Use explicit messaging. Result of this approach you can see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZycc7pFr4Q
All information how to access and modify information in the ControlLogix/CompactLogix PLC you can find in these books
https://literature.rockwellautomation.c ... _-en-p.pdf
and "EtherNet/IP Adaptation of CIP Specification"

Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:24 am 

vitovt1877 wrote:
Hi,

I see 2 ways of doing this:

1. Use Raspberry PI as remote adapter. Check this topic viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5836

In CodeSys you add remote input modules. You can use one big input module or several several modules different sizes, it depends from your situation. One tip: big input module is 505 bytes. You need to change size of it to 500 to use it with AB (maximum size of input or output connection parameter is 500).
In CompactLogix you add Generic Ethernet Module with same size outputs configuration as for inputs in CodeSys.
Map all tags in CompactLogix Program to outputs of Generic Ethernet Module and you can read them in CodeSys program.

It will give you possibility to pass tags from CompactLogix to Raspberry. If you want to change tags in CompactLogix from Raspi, you need to do it opposite way: outputs at CodeSys side and inputs at CompactLogix plus, I assume, you should use some logic to prevent racing for tags that used both in output and input section.

2. Use explicit messaging. Result of this approach you can see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZycc7pFr4Q
All information how to access and modify information in the ControlLogix/CompactLogix PLC you can find in these books
https://literature.rockwellautomation.c ... _-en-p.pdf
and "EtherNet/IP Adaptation of CIP Specification"

Thank you!

Hi,
is it possible to have on example for solution 2 Explicir messaging ?