Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Raspberry PI - storage question

dzaq
2019-01-12
2019-01-13
  • dzaq - 2019-01-12

Hi Everyone,
    I have some question about storage on raspberry pi:

1. Did Codesys Target is writing something on SD card after uploading plc program during normal work? I am considering about lifetime of sd card in raspberry pi.
    2. If i would like to use trends on VISU, where those data are stored? (SD card or RAM)
    3. Is there any option to store trendlog data on USB stick or on eg. NAS server?

Thanks
    Dzaq

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-01-13

Hi,

Zitat:
    1. Did Codesys Target is writing something on SD card after uploading plc program during normal work? I am considering about lifetime of sd card in raspberry pi.

only if you write the bootproject from CODESYS on download of the application

Zitat:
    2. If i would like to use trends on VISU, where those data are stored? (SD card or RAM)

by default it is in: /var/opt/codesys/PlcLogic/Visu/
    you need to redirect the location where the files are stored.

Zitat:
    3. Is there any option to store trendlog data on USB stick or on eg. NAS server?

Example:
    /etc/CODESYSControl.cfg

[SysFile]
    FilePath.1=/etc/, 3S.dat
    PlcLogicPrefix=1
    PlaceholderFilePath.1=/media/usbstick/trend, $trend$
    PlaceholderFilePath.2=/media/usbstick/alarms, $alarms$

Keep in mind that if you update the runtime these file is set back to it's original values.

BR
    Edwin