Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

How to execute a python script

2018-12-28
2018-12-30
  • ziadibassem - 2018-12-28

I want to make a program for rasbperry pi using codesys such as it executes python scripts . So please can someone give me a simple example that I can follow?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-12-28

Hi,
    if you want to execute them on the Raspberry PI,
    by your IEC code, check this example here:
    l viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6247&p=19932#p19941 l

BR
    Edwin

• ziadibassem - 2018-12-28

Edwin Schwellinger hat geschrieben:
    Hi,
    if you want to execute them on the Raspberry PI,
    by your IEC code, check this example here:
    l viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6247&p=19932#p19941 l
    BR
    Edwin

Thank you!
    I saw that post and I could not understand this line :
    SysFileCopy('/var/opt/codesys/UHScroll.py', '/var/opt/codesys/PlcLogic/Application/UHScroll.py', ADR(dwCopySize));
    What are these directories :

/var/opt/codesys/UHScroll.py
    /var/opt/codesys/PlcLogic/Application/UHScroll.py
    ?
    should I do exactly like that ?

IMG: Sans titre.png

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-12-29

Hi,
    the python scripts are added as external file in your CODESYS project and with the CODESYS download
    of your application they will be copied to '/var/opt/codesys/PlcLogic/Application/'.
    The copy to '/var/opt/codesys/' is needed because this is the directory where the runtime could call the script ( path envirnment)

Sure if you do not need this, just copy your script to a location where the runtime could call it... and do not forget to enable
    the command which you allow to execute by SysProcessCommand....

BR
    Edwin

• ziadibassem - 2018-12-30

Edwin Schwellinger hat geschrieben:
    Hi,
    the python scripts are added as external file in your CODESYS project and with the CODESYS download
    of your application they will be copied to '/var/opt/codesys/PlcLogic/Application/'.
    The copy to '/var/opt/codesys/' is needed because this is the directory where the runtime could call the script ( path envirnment)
    Sure if you do not need this, just copy your script to a location where the runtime could call it... and do not forget to enable
    the command which you allow to execute by SysProcessCommand....
    BR
    Edwin

Thank you very much!