Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

PI + Beckhoff IO + CODESYS -- Issue with I/O Channels being Read/Updated

Kirk42
2018-12-25
2018-12-26
  • Kirk42 - 2018-12-25

I was having trouble with I/O not being mapped correctly.

The Input from EL1008 in the attached image was not working earlier. The checkboxs under EtherCAT_Task(1) etc were all grayed out. After tinkering around it showed up as it is now. Unfortunately, I'm not sure exactly what I change.

I'm now having the same problem with the grey line (Application.PLC_PRG.Output5). It's grayed out and isn't being updated by the system.

Has anyone experienced this? I expect it's something related to updating after I change the code and compile that I'm doing incorrectly.

Thanks.

IMG: wtf... Output5.PNG

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-12-25

Hi,
    it seems that Output5 is really used in the PLC_PRG ( not only declared)?

Variables are only updated if the are really used in the pou's.
    BR
    Edwin

• Kirk42 - 2018-12-26

Thanks Edwin.

I am using the variable in PLC_PRG. It appears it may be related to uploading to the device. I just made some changes between which Variables are mapped to which physical IO locations and they didn't update.

When I uploaded to the PLC by selecting "Login with download" instead of "Login with online changes" it now has correctly updated the IO for EtherCAT_Task.