CODESYS - the IEC 61131-3 automation software

Welcome to the official CODESYS Forum by 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH | A member of the CODESYS Group
Deutsche Version English version russian version 
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:43 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:40 pm 

hello, Can you explain me the difference between
CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi MC SL
and
CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi SL

This is new? Does it is possible to convert the license from the old to the new?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:55 pm 

Looking at the description in the store it seems like the new CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi MC SL package is for Rasberry Pi variants that have multiple cores. The original package is for the Rasberry Pi version with 1 core.

In the expanded description they explain that this means the compute module as well as the "possibility to use expansion hardware such as Raspberry PiFace Digital, Raspberry Pi Camera and various devices/boards with SPI, I²C or 1-wire interface."

They don't call out support for the Banani Pi or the other variants like the Orange Pi so I assume they are currently unsupported.

Does that answer your question?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:13 am 

RoryLDM wrote:
In the expanded description they explain that this means the compute module as well as the "possibility to use expansion hardware such as Raspberry PiFace Digital, Raspberry Pi Camera and various devices/boards with SPI, I²C or 1-wire interface."

Also the previous CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi SL has the same possibility. I think that many people use Raspberry pi 3 that has multi core inside. what are the real benefits? If this is an expansion, why is this sold separately and not only an option? Or may be an upgrade for the previous license?

Massimo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:55 pm 

elconfa wrote:
RoryLDM wrote:

Also the previous CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi SL has the same possibility. I think that many people use Raspberry pi 3 that has multi core inside. what are the real benefits? If this is an expansion, why is this sold separately and not only an option? Or may be an upgrade for the previous license?

Massimo

Good question. I dont know and would like to know as well. I have a few projects coming up that use them and a definitive answer would be nice.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,
a good start point is here:
https://www.codesys.com/products/codesy ... icore.html
and then here:
https://help.codesys.com/webapp/_cds_mu ... n=3.5.14.0
You could specify in the taskconfiguration what is running on which core...

BR
Edwin

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:37 pm 

That is a fantastic response. Thanks.