Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Problem License

ludo10quad
2018-11-20
2018-12-05
  • ludo10quad - 2018-11-20

Hello,
    I'm having a recurring problem with the license loss on my raspberry (3 to 4 times a year).
    I do a restoration and it works again. I wanted to know how to solve this problem definitely? and if I buy a license dongle, will that solve the problem?

Looking forward to reading you.
    Thank you in advance.
    Ludovic TAILLEZ

• aliazzz

aliazzz - 2018-11-20

The dongle definitely solves this issue.
    I own a RPi SL and a dongle for over two years now, never had any issues with the license!

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-11-20

Hi,
    Which version of the runtime are you using?
    BR
    Edwin

• ludo10quad - 2018-11-23

hi,

The raspberry has version 3.5.11.20.
    It's been several times that I migrate the version and nothing helps ...
    I feel that the license is sensitive to writing on SD card. I think I'm going to buy a dongle ....

Thank you for your answers...

Ludovic

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-11-24

Hi,
    sure this is good solution ( using the runtime key),
    to work with softlicense this is reliable too but you should have at last 3.5.12.10 Version.
    There are seldom license issues ( shutdown with just power off could cause this - file corrupt).

To solve this always possible is to just update the runtime side ( by just deploying the new debian file on PI side - put this our of the store package - without installing the package)

BR
    Edwin

• ludo10quad - 2018-12-05

Hi,
    Can I recover my license to put it on a codesys dongle?
    Is it a specific dongle or can I put it on a usb key?

Ludovic Taillez
    SA2I