Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

MCP4725

2018-11-16
2022-11-25
  • matthias25881 - 2018-11-16

Hello,
    is everyone here were can give me a example for use the mcp4725 library from the forum with CODESYS???
    in Python the mcp is working. in CODESYS his don't working. i think the problem is the adress. i have hex 0x62....
    is this right in 7bit dec. 48??

regards Matthias

• princessdvlk - 2022-11-25

Hello,

I am facing a when working with MCP4725 and raspberry pi. Considering this thread was based on working MCP4725 with RPi, I am posting my concern here.

I have downloaded the MCP4725 library from this forum. No matter what value I put in the MCP4725.xdacIn, the voltage is always at 0V.

iDacValue : INT;
      MCP4725.xdacIn := iDacValue; (screenshot = Issue DAC 1)

I am using a hardware that has raspberry pi core. The Codesys version I am using is Ver3.5 SP17 Patch3. I tried putting 97 in I2C Bus Parameters for MCP4725 (screenshot = Issue DAC 2) based on a conversation thread here on this forum. But still, I am facing the same issue.

I have been using ADC in I2C mode as well. I didn't face any problem with that as I got an example code for it. Could this be because I am using ADC and DAC with I2C at the same time?

Could you please help me out? I am attaching the screenshots as well. It is also mentioned in the library method file 'AfterReadInputs' (screenshot = Issue DAC 3) that we must change wInfo[0] to 16#60 from 16#40 if we want to write the values into DAC register and EEPROM. I guess these files are write protected. Do I have to change this value and if so how? I am unable to do that.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanking you in advance.
      Best Regards!

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-11-17

Hi,
    see attached screenshot.
    BR
    Edwin

IMG: MCP.png

• princessdvlk - 2022-11-25

Hello,

I am facing an issue when working with MCP4725 and raspberry pi. Considering this thread was based on working MCP4725 with RPi, I am posting my concern here.

I have downloaded the MCP4725 library from this forum. No matter what value I put in the MCP4725.xdacIn, the voltage is always at 0V.

iDacValue : INT;
      MCP4725.xdacIn := iDacValue; (screenshot = Issue DAC 1 or based on your screenshot solution as well)

I am using a hardware that has raspberry pi core. The Codesys version I am using is Ver3.5 SP17 Patch3. I tried putting 97 in I2C Bus Parameters for MCP4725 (screenshot = Issue DAC 2) based on a conversation thread here on this forum. But still, I am facing the same issue.

I have been using ADC in I2C mode as well. I didn't face any problem with that as I got an example code for it. Could this be because I am using ADC and DAC with I2C at the same time?

Could you please help me out? I am attaching the screenshots as well. It is also mentioned in the library method file 'AfterReadInputs' (screenshot = Issue DAC 3) that we must change wInfo[0] to 16#60 from 16#40 if we want to write the values into DAC register and EEPROM. I guess these files are write protected. Do I have to change this value and if so how? I am unable to do that.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanking you in advance.
      Best Regards!

• matthias25881 - 2018-11-20

Edwin Schwellinger hat geschrieben:
    Hi,
    see attached screenshot.
    BR
    Edwin

Thanks edwin, it works!