Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Acessing SoftPLC variables in user space by internal program

dopro17
2018-10-18
2019-02-28
  • dopro17 - 2018-10-18

HI.
    Is there any way to access the soft PLC variables by a program running outside of codesys aplication?
    For example. I want to record, sensor0, sensor1 ... et. to a mySQL database, but this functions will be done by an program running in the linux services.
    I dont wanna use codesys database extensions because the data will be stored as binary large object in a remote server, and there will be an specific set of prograns menageming this data and connection.

My firts idea is to use some kind of memory mapped function, or just write the data in a linux fifo file.

Thanks in advance!!!

• mos89@yahoo.com - 2019-02-28

dopro17 hat geschrieben:
    HI.
    Is there any way to access the soft PLC variables by a program running outside of codesys aplication?
    For example. I want to record, sensor0, sensor1 ... et. to a mySQL database, but this functions will be done by an program running in the linux services.
    I dont wanna use codesys database extensions because the data will be stored as binary large object in a remote server, and there will be an specific set of prograns menageming this data and connection.
    My firts idea is to use some kind of memory mapped function, or just write the data in a linux fifo file.
    Thanks in advance!!!

Hi

You can use the shared memory