Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

MCP4725 on my PI3 it seems does not work

stetodaro
2018-09-09
2022-11-25
  • stetodaro - 2018-09-09

Hi All,

Can anyone help me?

I installed the MCP4725 library found here on the forum in the dedicated section.

Everything seems connected and configured correctly:

• Executing ic2detect I see correctly 61 as I setteded on the chip
    • In my codesys application it's all green and on run.
    • I can handle other TDA8444 DACs but the MCP4725 has a 2.6v fixed output for any value I write in
      MCP4725.xdacIn

Thank you for your attention
    Bye

IMG: Bild

• stetodaro - 2018-09-09

Solved!

61 is on HEX format. On Codesys must be wrote in UINT

61HEX = 97UINT

• princessdvlk - 2022-11-25

Hi!

I am facing a similar problem like you. I have downloaded the MCP4725 library from this forum. No matter what value I put in the MCP4725.xdacIn, the voltage is always at 0V.

iDacValue : INT;
    MCP4725.xdacIn := iDacValue; (screenshot = Issue DAC 1)

I am using a hardware that has raspberry pi core. The Codesys version I am using is Ver3.5 SP17 Patch3. I tried putting 97 in I2C Bus Parameters for MCP4725 (screenshot = Issue DAC 2) but still I am facing the same issue.

I have been using ADC in I2C mode as well. I didn't face any problem with that as I got an example code for it. Could this be because I am using ADC and DAC with I2C at the same time?

Could you please help me out? I am attaching the screenshots as well. It is also mentioned in the library method file 'AfterReadInputs' (screenshot = Issue DAC 3) that we must change wInfo[0] to 16#60 from 16#40 if we want to write the values into DAC register and EEPROM. I guess these files are write protected. Do I have to change this value and if so how? I am unable to do that.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanking you in advance.
    Best Regards!