Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Di et Pi v6.12 with Codesys 3.5.13.0

aliazzz
2018-08-04
2018-10-11
  • aliazzz

aliazzz - 2018-08-04

Hi there,

For sake of argument, just letting you all know that I tried to test Codesys under Di et Pi v6.12 and it runs fine.
    Di_et Pi is an ultra lightweight raspbian based distro for the Raspberry Pi SBC.

Getting the codesys runtime installed should be done by copying the .deb file manually to the SD Card.
    Then, boot into the OS and via ssh and type;

sudo dpkg -i /boot/codesyscontrol_arm_raspberry_V3.5.13.0.deb

Offcourse, Codesys will not officially test/support this OS and your mileage may vary.

Enjoy!

• fleaplc

fleaplc - 2018-09-06

Did you try to install Codesys .deb package into other boards running _? (ex. Odroid,...)

• Einar - 2018-09-11

Aliazzz hat geschrieben:
    Enjoy!

So what OS is officially supported?
    I use _ and have other problems in addition to installing the runtime.

• Einar - 2018-09-12

Codesys locks up attempting to install target as described in Edwin's post. And his solution works too.

After that things works as advertized. For a while. Then after a shutdown and restart, one day it will not work again.
    And after that any (reasonable) number of restarts will not bring the target up and running again.
    I suspect there may be an orphaned lockfile somewhere.
    But where do I find documentation on the target installation? Directories, dependencies etc. ?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-09-12

Hi,
    please login by ssh and do a
    cat /tmp/codesyscontrol.log

you should see the reason there why it does not work

BR
    Edwin

• aliazzz

aliazzz - 2018-09-14

To be honest, I personally do not own any boards other then the Raspberry Pi 3B or the newer 3B+

This said, Di et pi has images for many flavours of popular single board computers, including some popular oDroid boards.
    Visit di et pi for more information on their images.

Be aware that your milage may vary as Codesys does officially not support di et pi.
    But as di et pi is a fork of Raspbian, I expect that Codesys will work on it!

You can Try it yourself because it is very simple to set up!
    step 1: burn di et pi on an SD card,
    step 2: boot into di et pi and set it up,
    Step 3: copy the codesys .deb file into the file system and install it via the command line.

sudo dpkg -i /boot/codesyscontrol_arm_raspberry_V3.5.13.0.deb

offcourse, you must type the exact file name of the copied .deb file if it differs in version.

• elconfa - 2018-10-02

Hi, I'm trying to install codesys on Raspberry Pi0W. Connected via ssh I can see that CODESYSCONTROL works and absorbs 14% of the CPU. But I can not find Raspberry with the Scan Network to update the program I wrote.
    What have you done?
    Thank you
    Massimo

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-10-02

Hi Massimo,
    please add the Pi IP address as Gateway and scan via the PI embedded Gateway.

BR
    Edwin

• elconfa - 2018-10-03

Ok, it works. Thank you.
    Now I try to leave it in operation a week, doing various switching on and off.
    Then I will put it in the production phase as a manager of the home automation (lights, blinds, awnings).
    Thanks for your help
    Massimo

• elconfa - 2018-10-11

I installed the same Codesys project on two Raspberry Pi0 W cards. In one the installed operating system is Raspberry Light (installed through PiBakery) while in the second one is _ with no software addition.

How do you evaluate the results?

IMG: Cattura.JPG