Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Runtime Installment Error on Raspberry Pi

Anonymous
2018-04-23
2018-05-08
  • Anonymous - 2018-04-23

Originally created by: 0xF1011

Hi there, when I try to install the codesys runtime on my raspberry pi I keep getting this error message. "codesyscontrol.bin: no process found insserv: script codesyscontrol is not an executable regular file skipped! "
    Can someone tell me what is going wrong and how to fix it? I am totally new to codesys but not the raspberry pi. Thank You.

• Anonymous - 2018-04-24

So are you saying that the runtime maybe working correctly even though it gives an error? If everything is installed ok why can I not control the gpio of the raspberry pi? I mapped a variable to a gpio pin and cannot make it work. The program and visualization appears to works fine but the gpio pin does nothing.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-04-24

Hi,

yes, this
    codesyscontrol.bin: no process found insserv: script codesyscontrol is not an executable regular file skipped! "
    happens obviously on the Installation of the runtime System even it works ok -> runtime is running , you say you could download the Project an work with the gpio's.
    So the only Problem you have is that the gpio's are not working?
    Did you check the example project?

"c:\Users\<yourwindowsusername>\CODESYS Control for Raspberry PI\3.5.12.10\Examples\GPIO.project" </yourwindowsusername>

BR
    Edwin

• Anonymous - 2018-05-08

Ok thank you for your help.