Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

EL7211-9014 XML File Problem

Poncik
2018-01-29
2018-02-01
  • Poncik - 2018-01-29

Dear all,

I added EL7211-9014 Servo driver xml file in codesys using Tool->Device Repository. XML file was added without any error by codesys as seen on picture 2. After this process Δ± hope that Δ± can add EL7211-9014 xml file on my codesys program without any problem but when Δ± right click on Ethercat_Master->Add_Device as seeen in picture 1, xml file didn't appear. So Δ± can not add xml file. How can I solve this problem? Thank you for helping.

Best Regards.

IMG: 1.png

IMG: 2.png

• Poncik - 2018-01-29

Dear All,
    I solved my previous problem. I have one more question. I added EL7211-9014 XML file on my codesys code. But I can not generate SM driver. I think driver profile of EL7211-9014 is MDP742. How can I drive EL7211-9014 servo driver which has MDP742 driver profile via soft motion. ?
    Best Regards.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-01-29

Hi,
    guess you need to change the firmware to have the ds402 profile running. Then you could use
    the SoftMotion driver which comes with the SoftMotion Package.

BR
    Edwin

IMG: EL7211.jpg

• Poncik - 2018-01-31

Hi Edwin,

I changed to firmware profile to DS402. I red that ethercat drive will not work with softmotion Generic Driver because of there is no realtime capabilities on the PI. I generated SoftMotion Light Generic Driver
    But Δ± got an error shown in png_1 and png_2.

If Δ± generate SoftMotion Generic Driver, I do not get any error until pressing the start button.(png_3,png_4).After pressing the start button, I get the error shown in png_5.

According to what Δ± read, Softmotion Light driver should work without any error. How can Δ± solve this problem.

Best Regards.

IMG: 5.png

IMG: 4.png

IMG: 3.png

IMG: 2.png

IMG: 1.png

• Poncik - 2018-02-01

Hi,

Could you give me some suggestion for my problem?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-02-01

Hi,
    I would try to check if this drive is SoftMotion light capable
    "c:\Program Files\3S CODESYS\CODESYS\Projects\SoftMotion\4.x.x.0\SoftMotionLight\SML_CompatibilityCheck_DS402.project"
    If this is the case you could go with SoftMotion light,
    if not - the only way is to use an rt_preemt patched Linux Kernel and use SoftMotion then.

BR
    Edwin