Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Can I run C code on a Raspberry with Codeys?

Volvo742
2018-01-17
2018-01-26
  • Volvo742 - 2018-01-17

Hi!

As I know, Codeys have a plug-in so the user can use C code to do code, instead of PLC code. But is that plug-in free, comes with the Raspberry Pi Codesys package or not free at all and don't come with the Raspberry Pi Codesys package?

I going to do some system identification, math, adaptive control with the PLC.

Because I don't think that PLC-structure text cannot do any adaptive control. That's why I think C programming is needed.

https://books.google.se/books?id=L0m_CR ... LC&f=false m

IMG: SkΓ€rmbild frΓ₯n 2018

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-01-18

Hi,
    no - this is not possible/supported by Raspberry Pi at the moment.

BR
    Edwin

• hermsen

hermsen - 2018-01-19

This can be implemented within ST, because most PID Loops are implemented in pure ST also. Though this a bit more complex, it is definatly doable I guess.
    For some open source examples of PIDLoop implementation, take a look at the OSCAT Basic library which is free charge and downloadable from within codesys store (free account needed). They also have a website and a forum.

• Volvo742 - 2018-01-21

Hermsen hat geschrieben:
    This can be implemented within ST, because most PID Loops are implemented in pure ST also. Though this a bit more complex, it is definatly doable I guess.
    For some open source examples of PIDLoop implementation, take a look at the OSCAT Basic library which is free charge and downloadable from within codesys store (free account needed). They also have a website and a forum.

Thanks! Then I have to use ST language.

But Matrix library should also be included in Raspberry PI package.

• hermsen

hermsen - 2018-01-22

Please understand that Codesys is in platform independant. So, if you have a matrix library written in pure IEC with platform dependancies, it will run in a wide variaty of targets. Stick to CAA and or Syslibs as much as possible.

• josepmariarams - 2018-01-26

Hi.

There are some funtionalities with matrix in sm3_basic library.

You can do that you want with st. If code take a lot of time you can execute this code in an assinc task.