Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Programme License

Anonymous
2018-01-05
2018-01-06
  • Anonymous - 2018-01-05

Originally created by: Primitive Source

Hi,

If I have loaded my programme to my pi, bought and uploaded a license, is it possible to clone the pi SD card, put it in another Pi, buy another license, upload the license to the new pi and have the programme from the original pi
    working without having to reupload the programme?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-01-05

Hi,
    yes this will work,
    except you need to take care on reactivating a new license, the following steps are needed to do it.

1. clean up cmact_license directory ( /var/opt/codesys/cmact_licenses/) - delete the content of this directory
    2. restart the plc -
      sudo /etc/init.d/codesyscontrol stop
      sudo /etc/init.d/codesyscontrol start
      or reboot the pi

3. activate the new license

BR
    Edwin

• Anonymous - 2018-01-05

Ah, this may cause an issue. Is there way to protect my programme so that I can stop this from happening? I understand I can put some security features in to my code but is there an easier way through codesys?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-01-06

Hi,
    hm.. do you want to prevent that this works?
    (Copy the bootproject to another pi?)

Then you could use a runtime key to encrypt the bootproject then only the pi with the correct key could
    start the bootproject:
    The other option is to encrypt the boot project by certifcate, see the online help here:
    https://help.codesys.com/webapp/_csa_en ... on=1.0.0.0

BR
    Edwin

• Anonymous - 2018-01-06

Perfect, that is what I am after, providing protection from unlawful copying of my programme. It seems the solution you have posted should work. I will try it, hopefully I wont have any issues.

Thanks for your help Edwin.