Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Ethernet/IP: rpi comms with ControlLogix ENBT/A Ethernet card

zif
2017-12-15
2020-04-08
  • zif - 2017-12-15

Hi All,
    I need to communicate from one rpi to several ControlLogix PLCs simultaneously, each ControlLogix having its own ENBT/A Ethernet card. I can find examples of Rpi as an Ethernet/IP master/scanner with various remote I/O devices, but there is no proper example of ControlLogix or ENBT/A setup as a client/slave.

I've tried to add in Device repository ENBT/A eds file downloaded from Rockwell's site, but Codesys returns error "Modular Ethernet/IP EDS-files are not supported. Please use the generic device instead".

Since I need to send and receive arrays of DINT, it seems reasonable to use MSG instructions with CIP messaging on ControlLogix side. If somebody can point me to documents or links for that I would really appreciate.

Thanks.

• joelsimon15 - 2020-04-08

hi did you get it working ?
      I was trying to use raspberry Pi as an ethernet ip adapter to my micro 800 PLC. While I was setting up the MSG_CIPGEN FUCTION . I had to enter a port number along with my IP address for example. '1217,192.168.1.18'. I found a port number value at my device communication settings this was 1217. This doesnt seems to work I got an error to check the port number.
      I was actually using a micro 800 simulator. I should be able to simulate ethernet IP communication using this method. For some reason this doesn't seems to work.

I also had to ENTER a CIP SERVICE CODE and a CIP MEMBER ID which I couldnt find from any of the documents.

Do you have any experience setting up an explicit ethernet Ip messaging between Codesys running on Rpi and micro800?

Thanks
      Joel