Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Licence problem

LukaszBien
2017-11-05
2017-11-05
  • LukaszBien - 2017-11-05

Hi,

Currently I had to update my old Pi with the newest Raspbian.

I had a backed -up licence file (I made backup right after purchase in 2015) so the file was created in some old version of codesys runtime.

And currently I have no possibility to restore this licence on my old Pi with new system.

I had that issue with my second Pi but I was able to overcome it by copying licence backup file but from the new Codesys runtime..

So it looks like if licence file has been created in some old version of codesys RPi runtime, it is not working with latest runtime..

Is there any way to fix that issue?

Thanks.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-11-05

Hi,
    either you could use:
    CMLicenseNew.WibuCmRaU which you'll find in the runtime directory (use the CODESYS file browser) to reactivate the license -
    this file exists after license activation and does fit to your serial number or second posibility is you send an request via 'My question' logged in in your CODESYS store account - give as information your original license ticketnumber.
    Then you get as replay this license update file from the license Server which does fit to your PI.

BR
    Edwin

• LukaszBien - 2017-11-05

Hi Edwin,
    Thanks for quick reply.
    It is good to know that is a way to get a back-up licence from Store.
    In the meantime I have found third solution:
    I have found old whole image I made for my old Raspi (with licensed codesys installed), then I've updated the codesys runtime to the latest one, and then I had a updated backup file. And after that licence backup file
    has worked fine with my latest Image.
    So to avoid problems it is good idea to keep up-to-date licence back-up files as well...
    Thanks
    Best regards
    Lukasz.