Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Codesys always download whole app (stopping the device)

River
2017-11-03
2017-11-23
  • River - 2017-11-03

Hello,

I have recently changed my project and created a new one with new device template (raspberry pi).
    The project is complete but every time that I connect again, codesys asks to download the whole project (because has changed) making the device to stop and no online change possible.
    I have created bootproject and the raspberry pi was online (no poweroff) between connections.

The only changes (details) are:

What can be failing? I worked for many years on professional platforms with codesys 2x (beckhoff devices) and I think all is correct.

Thanks in advance

IMG: OnConnect1.PNG

IMG: OnConnectDetail.PNG

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-11-03

Hi,
    could you please check if this happens too when you use then standard template not the device application template?

BR
    Edwin

IMG: standardtemplate.jpg

• River - 2017-11-23

Hello Edwin,

Sorry, I didn't have time to test until today.

I have recreated a new project with empty template and copy/paste all previous project tasks and POUS and I can confirm working good.

Before doing this, the problem partially solved with the update of softmotion library:
    At first step updated the library > Send to the plc updated project and then closing and opening again worked.
    But as soon as I modify something in the program it compliles okay but at download time rises an exception error.
    Closing codesys app and opening again solves the problem (but with new download causing stop).

So as you said, creating a new project with empty template solves the problem.

Many thanks for your support!