Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Can SD's be copied using 1 License?

Anonymous
2017-10-22
2017-10-28
  • Anonymous - 2017-10-22

Originally created by: Primitive Source

How does the licensing work for Raspberry Pi and Codesys? If I were to create a programme, upload the code and license to my Pi, then copy the data from my SD card, put it all on another SD card would the new SD still run as a licensed programme?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-10-22

Hi,
    No, each device (PI) need a license.
    The license could be activated as 'softlicense' or on an runtime key (portable license - the PI which has
    the runtime key plugged is licensed,
    (License key + Pi license needed)
    https://store.codesys.com/accessories/c ... mpakt.html
    If you work with imgages of a licensed SD, you need to clean up the license directory an restart the pi
    then license the 'cloned' Pi.

BR
    Edwin

• Anonymous - 2017-10-26

Ok, I have another question on the licensing. If for example I load my programme on to a Pi, then the pi SD card becomes corrupt so I have to start from scratch with the pi, reload my operating software and my codesys programme. Do I then need to buy another license or is there a way of uploading the same license?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-10-27

Hi,
    what do you mean with becoming corrupt by a CODESYS download, this is impossible.
    The only thing what may happen is, that your application contains an endless Loop, this lead maybe to
    such an behavior.
    But reinstall should never be needed!
    Which Pi do you use? Pi3, PI2 PiB+?
    Which CODESYS Version (3.5.11.x ?) and which Pi Version are you using?

If this happens (a 100 load of the plc runtime caused by an endless Loop) the plc should stop then you could remove the bootapplication by CODESYS again
    (either update tool or if a Login is possible by CODESYS - rightclick in the device tree 'reset origin device')

BR
    Edwin

• Anonymous - 2017-10-28

I am using a pi3B. I removed the power without shutting the pi down, most times this has been Ok, however one time it did corrupt the flash and I had to reinstall Raspian. So I did think if I had my pi running constantly with a codesys license installed/activated then there was a power cut, the sd became corrupt and I had to reinstall the OS would I need to buy a new license also?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-10-28

Hi,
    no, you could reactivate by the license update file CMLicenseNew.WibuCmRaU which you'll find on your Pi
    after licenseing.
    If you have missed to backup this file, you could request it with your original ticketnumber
    in the CODESYS Store helpdek (Login to your account and then -> My Question)

BR
    Edwin

IMG: BackupLicenseFile.jpg

IMG: InstallLicenseFile.jpg