Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Adafruit PiTFT Touchscreen issue

Anonymous
2017-10-16
2017-11-20
  • Anonymous - 2017-10-16

Originally created by: c336pilot

Hello, I'm using a RPI3 with Adafruit's PiTFT 3.5" 480x320 touchscreen (PID2441). I also have a mouse connected to the Pi.

When I use the mouse to click a rocker switch (or, equal) and Ladder for programming, everything works fine, i.e. I can click the control and the output toggles repeatedly.

When I use the touch screen, however, strange things happen. Cursor will move about on the screen so long as I don't touch the Rocker Switch. If I touch the rocker switch, the associated variable will toggle once and then the cursor will no longer move or re-toggle the switch, i.e. I can use the touchscreen to move the cursor around and then when I touch (or double touch) the control the cursor turns to a finger, toggles the control, and then locks up. After that I can no longer move the cursor using the touchscreen or click the control again (it's as if it just stayed down). ...the mouse, however, continues to work just as-expected (so, codesys continues to work fine).

Once the touchscreen is locked-up (and, once it's locked-up in Codesys....it remains locked-up at the RPI GuI also), I have to to re-boot the RPi to get the touchscreen to work again.

And, if I don't start Codesys, the touchscreen works just fine in all aspects on the Pi Gui.

Thoughts?

• Anonymous - 2017-11-20

Originally created by: c336pilot

"This display uses the hardware SPI pins (SCK, MOSI, MISO, CE0, CE1) as well as GPIO #25, #24. GPIO #18 can be used to PWM dim the backlight....."

I had (inadvertently) left GPIO #25 setup as an output pin in my Codesys program. In any case, once rectified, the display with resistive touch screen works well.

RT