Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Profinet, IO Link AL1100

Anonymous
2017-09-20
2022-02-21
  • Anonymous - 2017-09-20

Originally created by: Primitive Source

Hi,

I am trying t get an ifm AL1100 profinet IO link master connected to my Pi. I knw it can be done as have seen a demo doing just that. Here's where I am struggling. I have loaded the GSDML file in my library, I create my Profinet network. Under the Profinet Controller I go to Topology, press the green arrows to scan for Profinet Devices, I can see my AL1100, I nominate this device, the right hand click, scan and copy all devices to project. I disconnect, ensure that the Port and Peer Station match the Profinet controller, I reconnect but I just cannot get the network to connect to the AL1100, I just have the Red triangle and the connection status is Unknown.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Thanks

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-09-21

Hi,
    would recommend to ask IFM (manufaturer of the device) for an woorking example Project.

BR
    Edwin

• Anonymous - 2017-09-21

Originally created by: Primitive Source

Hi Edwin,

They haven't been able to provide this unfortunately. Do you have any example project of integrating any other generic profinet IO Link devices?

• omiidla

omiidla - 2022-02-21

I've been using various versions of these IFM AL modules, to varying levels of success. A few notes. Before SP17P2 the Profinet overhead was rather greedy and caused all sorts of problems in the soft controllers we used. I highly recommend using the 4.2.0.0 or 4.2.1.0 version if you're planning on using the Profinet master stack.

Profinet_CommunicationTask can be slowed down - it's acyclic less important stuff.

Profinet_IOTask running on recommended interval 1ms pre-4.2.0 ate all my resources. After 4.2.0 patch that can remain 1ms

Now, on the PN Controller/Overview screen, the send clock 1ms with reduction ratio 16 was fastest the AL Profinet devices remained stable. This can be lower if AL is using only discrete devices, but has to be increased if any IO-Link traffic-heavy devices were added, such as shaft encoders.

Hope that helps