Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Is there any library for the 7" LCD touch screen?

Volvo742
2017-07-19
2017-07-20
  • Volvo742 - 2017-07-19

Hi!

Codesys has a lot of libraries for Raspberry PI - PWM, ADC and much more. But I wonder if there is a library for the 7" LCD touch screen?
    It would be great if WebVisu can handle this:

IMG: hero

• teichhei - 2017-07-20

It can, Google raspberry pi chromium kiosk mode. It runs the web interface. I've done that a few times. You may be able to use the loopback interface to make a generic image.

But a proper target visu would be nice, chromium is not that straight forward to set up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Volvo742 - 2017-07-20

teichhei hat geschrieben:
    It can, Google raspberry pi chromium kiosk mode. It runs the web interface. I've done that a few times. You may be able to use the loopback interface to make a generic image.
    But a proper target visu would be nice, chromium is not that straight forward to set up.

I taket that as a NO. There is ny library yet.
    Because I want just it to be plug and play.

• teichhei - 2017-07-20

I don't believe there will ever be one. Because that 7" screen is driven by the Pi. If you set it all up to point to a specific start screen that you always use in projects, you can take an image of the whole thing and there you go plug and play.

• Volvo742 - 2017-07-20

I don't believe there will ever be one. Because that 7" screen is driven by the Pi. If you set it all up to point to a specific start screen that you always use in projects, you can take an image of the whole thing and there you go plug and play.

OK. So there is not way to have a LCD for the PI in codesys ?

• teichhei - 2017-07-20

Classic Line LCD is a different story, but that's not going to show the webvisu. You could drive that through the GPIO. But it's a pain and it can't display much. The 7" touch works OK in Kiosk mode but I went away from that for commercial solutions because it's too hard for the average maintenance person.

• Volvo742 - 2017-07-20

Classic Line LCD is a different story, but that's not going to show the webvisu. You could drive that through the GPIO. But it's a pain and it can't display much. The 7" touch works OK in Kiosk mode but I went away from that for commercial solutions because it's too hard for the average maintenance person.

Thank you. There is not avaible yet.