Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Raspberry Pi 3 as Profinet IO Device

olo
2017-04-27
2018-07-28
  • olo - 2017-04-27

Hi, I'm trying to connect Raspberry with Siemens ET200SP by Profinet. I made Raspberry as IO Device and PLC Siemens as Profinet Controller, but communication doesn't work. Please check my configuration of Raspberry in CodeSys.

IMG: 3.png

IMG: 2.png

IMG: 1.png

• olo - 2017-04-28

I've seen this point but I don't understand one thing, Raspberry has only one LAN interface eth0, so do I have to add eth1 interface?
    Otherwise I tryed to do things from your link, but when I execute command ifconfig eth1 promisc, the console receives this information: "eth1: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device"

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-04-28

Hi,
    sure you need to use eth0 if this is your profinet lan...
    In my example there is a usb to ethernet adapter for profinet available,
    BR
    Edwin

• JorgeGrad - 2018-05-22

Hi all,

I'm trying to do this same thing right now (trying to connect a SIEMENS ET 200SP as a Profinet Controller to a Codesys enabled Raspberry 3). I have not luck so far.

From this thread I understand that it should be possible, but I don't know if anybody has succeeded. I think that my problem is how to express in Step 7 the memory address of the variables in CODESYS.

Any experience out there?

Thanks in advance.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-07-28

Important Information for PI3B plus and current Raspbian:

If someone is using PI3B+ with Profinet Controller / Device on eth0.

There is a known issue with current Raspian and new Ethernet Driver:
    the following steps are needed:

sudo apt install vlan # install VLAN-Paket
    sudo modprobe 8021q # load 8021q Kernelmodul

loading the kernel module could be done on restart by:
    sudo su -c 'echo "8021q" >> /etc/modules'

BR
    Edwin