Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CSV Utility ERROR

2017-02-16
2022-04-05
  • flaviuscindea - 2017-02-16

Hello, I am taking my first steps into PLC programming with Raspberry PI 3. I managed to finish my program for the purpouse I need, but I encountered problems in saving the data in CSV file. I bought the library from codesys CSV Utility, and tried the example "CSVWriterCFCExample" from "CSVUtilityExamples.project" as you can see in the photo attached. The problem is that is not working and I do not understand where is the mistake. The signal from function "CSV.Init" (xDone) is not sended(I guess there is the problem) sometimes on "eError" says NO ERROR, sometimes PATH NOT DEFINED(yellow area). No files are saved in the directory from path, and even if I make the csv file in that directory with the proper name, is not changing anything.
    Please help me with this problem.
    Thank you.

IMG: csvutilityerror.PNG

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-02-16

Hi,

you need to remove/change the Windows related paths names (things like c:\Temp does not really make sense on Pi/Linux)

BR
    Edwin

IMG: pathname.jpg

• baet - 2021-12-03

Good morning, I have a query, where could I get that example?, I just looked for them on the Codesys page "https://store.codesys.com/en/examples.html?" and I have not found them.

Last edit: baet 2021-12-03
      • eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2021-12-03

csv utilities are part of the iiot libraries:
        https://store.codesys.com/de/csv-utility-configurable.html

Last edit: eschwellinger 2021-12-03
        • baet - 2021-12-05

Excuse me, but I was referring to the example of Codesys, called "CSVUtilityExamples" since when I enter the link that I provide I only have the option to download it or give a review

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2021-12-05

this example is part of the package you need to install it - if you are on SP17 - use the CODESYS installer to do this.

• japi - 2022-04-01

Hi,
              As the CSV Utility library is still available in store, should it work on SP16?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2022-04-04

yes,from SP14 runtime on possible to use

• japi - 2022-04-05

Thank you for your reply.
                  I still can't get it to work. In Library Manager it shows message as in the picture attached, and there are no CSV function blocks anywhere inside. I also get this message after opening example project: CSVUtilityExamples: Library Manager [Device: PLC Logic: CSVWriterSTExample]: Could not open library '#CBML'. (Reason: The placeholder library 'CBML' could not be resolved.)
                  EDIT:
                  I guess I need dongle for licenses to use this library...

Last edit: japi 2022-04-05
  • flaviuscindea - 2017-02-16

Thank you very much, it worked. You made my day great !