Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Cannot connect to Raspberry Pi model B

svende1970
2016-10-31
2023-12-01
  • svende1970 - 2016-10-31

So I am quite new to this. I have a Raspberry model B I want to use to learn some CoDeSys coding. I followed the Instructables instruction, but got stuck when trying to connect to the Rpi. The update of the Runtime seems to work fine on the right IP address, but I cannot connect to it afterwards.

First disabbled the firewall on my laptop, but that didn't help. Then I found this topic : l viewtopic.php?t=6601 l and tried the update thing. Also from scratch, twice.

Everything seems to work fine until I install the CoDeSys runtime. The I get a 'failed to start load kernel modules' during startup of the Rpi.

In the /etc/modules-load.d I can see that it loads:

spi-bcm2708
    i2c-bcm2708
    i2c-dev

If I #spi-bcm2708 in that file the above mentioned error does not appear during startup, suggesting something is missing.

Can anybody help me out here?

I use CoDeSys for Rpi version 3.5-9-20 and Raspbian Jessie Lite

• svende1970 - 2016-11-02

No, I found the problem. I forgot to set the CoDeSys project to RaspberryPi.

Now it works, thanks.