Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Licensing question

allen00se
2016-10-07
2018-04-21
  • allen00se - 2016-10-07

I just bought a license and didn't realize I needed a security key... will any USB dongle work, or do I have to buy the one from CodeSys? Also, does the key go into my computer, or does it go into the RaspberryPI?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-10-07

Hi,
    you have the choice, either activate the ticket as 'softlicense' then you will not need this runtime key.
    (http://store.codesys.com/accessories/co ... mpakt.html)
    Using the runtime license key is optional - if you need a portable license (the PI which has the key plugged is licensed)
    then USB Runtime Key is a good option.
    See the how to license FAQ:
    l viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5641&p=10688#p10688 l
    and do not Forget to generate your backup license after activation.

BR
    Edwin

• kumareasu - 2017-07-05

Dear Edwin,
    Which licensing(Soft license or compact key-USB dongle) will be better to port the license from one system to another?

In case of hardware failure or some some other reason, if I would like to carry the license from one system to another(for example BeagleBone Black).
    Regards,
    Kumar Eswaran

• acter - 2017-08-19

Hi guys....

Is there any possibility to transfer licence from RPi2 to RPi3 ?

• Bereggergo - 2018-04-19

Hello people,

How can I activate Modbus TCP license for my device?

I have a device where I'm using Modbus TCP communication but it shown in the Codesys with orange: it is a demo version if I'm right.

In case I want to activate should I by the one from the store called as CODESYS Modbus TCP Master SL and I attached as picture?
    After what I will get? A 3S.dat file? There is one already on the device I guess I shouldn't overwrite that, or? Finally if I go to the PLC Settings and Edit Licenses I got an error message, attached as picture. Or I should write that file to a pendrive?

Thank you,
    GergΓΆ

IMG: Modbus4.PNG

IMG: Modbus3.PNG

IMG: Modbus2.PNG

IMG: Modbus1.PNG

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-04-21

Hi,
    which plc are you using?
    Manufacturer need to support 'single licenseing' mean a codemeter component should be build in.
    Then a runtime USB Key could be used for the license.
    I would recommend to ask the plc manufacturer for his advice.
    BR
    Edwin