Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Ethernet/IP and Allen Bradley 1734-AENTR issues

ThomasPips
2016-09-17
2017-02-02
  • ThomasPips - 2016-09-17

I've set up a small test rack with one 1734-AENTR series B ethernet module, one IB8 and one OB8 module.

When I try to communicate with the rack with a raspberry pi then I always get communications timeout of the OB8 module because the output data is not written.
    Input data of the IB8 and diagnostics of the AENTR is correctly read by the application.

When I try with exactly the same configuration through the Windows software PLC all is working like a charm... .

Anybody else bumped into this problem yet and able to help?

I'm using the newest releases of Codesyscontrol and Codesys Development system.

CODESYS_EtherNetIP_Rockwell1734AENT.project [185.07 KiB]

• ThomasPips - 2016-09-17

Found the problem myself after checking my IP for open ports.

I've set my raspberry pi to a fixed IP but apparently the DHCP client was still running in the background.
    Therefore my RPi got two IP adresses and the EthernetIP scanner was binding to the wrong IP adress although I'd selected the correct one in the Ethernet Set- up.

After sorting out the network settings of my RPi all was working....

• johnty - 2017-02-02

Hi,

I know this is an old thread however I am having trouble getting this to work with either 1734-AENT/A or 1734-AENTR/A. I get the following error with 1734-AENTR/A
    "Invalid Attribute Value. Extended status 16#4

Not I have the same module configuration IB8 and OB8

I used the same project you attached however, I am unsuccessfull getting a connection. I check the 1734-AENT package and documentation however it is a little light on details.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

John