Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

OPC UA Server certificate

PAS-fk
2016-07-25
2018-04-09
  • PAS-fk - 2016-07-25

I wonder if there is a possibility to use a certificate for the OPC UA Server used in the CODESYS Runtime.
    I tested the Server with the UA OPC UA Client and it worked with no problems.

But if I try to connect it via the WinCC OPC UA channel used in WinCC V7.4 I have no connection although I can browse the variables and add them to my visualization. The OPC Scout of Siemens says: "Connection closed ... missing server certificate".
    Maybe somebody could help me with this issue.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-07-25

Hi,
    this is planned for 3.5SP10.

BR
    Edwin

• louisledee - 2018-02-18

Edwin, has this feature been released?

• louisledee - 2018-02-20

Thank you Edwin. I'm sure this helps many problems. I've seen the error myself and many other instances in various forums, not with Codesys but with clients trying to connect.

• GiorgioT - 2018-03-14

Hi,

I'm trying connect through the OPC UA channel , my Pigeon CM3 (OPC Server in Codesys) with Siemens WinCC.
    Unfortunately there is no match among the encryption types between the server and the client. My WinCC client does not connect to the server with any encryption types i choose. (see attached pictures).
    I Selected the connection type Basic256Sha256 - Sign & Encrypt in the server as explained here:
    https://help.codesys.com/webapp/_cds_runtime_opc_ua_server;product=codesys;version=3.5.12.0.

Thanks

IMG: conerrorwincc.jpeg

IMG: enctypes.jpeg

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-03-15

Hi,
    is it possible to ask the Siemens support if in newer versions WinCC supports 'Basic256SHA256' ?
    Could not believe that 'Basic256' and 'Basic128Rsa15' are the only options they offer.
    Which WinCC version is this exaclty?

BR
    Edwin

• GiorgioT - 2018-03-15

Hi Edwin,

We are using Tia Portal 14 Service Pack 1.

We are going to ask to the Siemens support if they have some clues.

Thank you

• GiorgioT - 2018-04-09

Hi Edwin,

We also tried the new Tia Portal 15. Unfortunately it has the same security policies of Tia 14.

Is it possible to set "None" in both the Tia and the Codesys side ? Siemens has this possibility.

Thanks.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-04-09

Hi,
    in CODESYS none should be possible..
    BR
    Edwin