Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

EthernetIP and Phoenix Contact

2015-10-28
2016-09-19
  • gguckenberger - 2015-10-28

Im trying to connect to a Phoenix Contact Inline Bus Coupler with Codesys ver 3.5.7.0 on Raspberry Pi2. I am getting these errors in the log:

No local Ethernet/IP Adapter found. Class 1 connection as target not supported.
    SetOption unable to set Socket_SO_REUSEPORT
    Connection Failure. Extended Status: Invalid network Connection parameter.

I have the Ethernet set up as:

I can connect to the PI and Bus Coupler. I just cant get the PI to talk to the Bus Coupler

IMG: Ethernet adapter.PNG

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2015-10-29

Hi,

Zitat:
    No local Ethernet/IP Adapter found. Class 1 connection as target not supported.

this is only an info - no problem

Zitat:
    SetOption unable to set Socket_SO_REUSEPORT

this is only an info - no problem

Zitat:
    Connection Failure. Extended Status: Invalid network Connection parameter

this is the Problem.

One question is there a reason why not using the eds file of the PhΓΆnix device?
    (-> you are using obvisouly the generic ethernet ip device)

So I would recommend to install the EDS file from your device (from the manufacturer), than it is easy to configure

BR
    Edwin

• gguckenberger - 2015-10-29

Ok I have the EDS file. How do I install the EDS file into Codesys?

thanks for your help!

• gguckenberger - 2015-10-29

I figured it out. VERY COOL!

• saimir - 2016-09-19

I have a phoenix contact ILB ETH 24 DI16 DIO16-2TX and want to configure it with the same software CODESYS 3.5 on exor PLC. Do I still have to use the EDS file as I am looking at the manufacturer's recommended software to program the contacts and there is no EDS file on the list for this unit. Any reply would be appreciated.