Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Explicit Messaging using Ethernet IP

vitovt1877
2015-09-24
2015-09-25
  • vitovt1877 - 2015-09-24

Hello,

I am using stepper drive that "supports Explicit Messaging using either a Class 3 connection or the Unconnected Message Manager (UCMM)". I had success to communicate with this drive using UDP, but can't figure out how to send and receive messages over Ethernet/IP using class 3 connection.
    I found IIoDrvEIPAcyclicServicesLibrary in Library Manager that has IoDrvOpenClass3Connection and IoDrvSendClass3ConnectedMessage methods, but it is part of interface and I don't know how I can implement it and use it.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you!

• vitovt1877 - 2015-09-25

Edwin Schwellinger hat geschrieben:
    Hi,
    there is an example application in our CODEYSYS store for this:
    http://store.codesys.com/ethernet-ip-se ... ample.html
    BR
    Edwin

Edwin,

Thank you for respond. I know about this example and I used it to get access to AssemblyObject class to read IO status of my drive. May be I am missing a point, but it looks for me that example is for common services (like setAttribute, getAttribute, Start, Stop, etc). In my case I have vendor specific profile with service code 0x3C and the class code is 0x64. I can enter class code in the function block even if it is not standard, but I don't understand how to use service code.
    IIoDrvEIPAcyclicServicesLibrary with IoDrvOpenClass3Connection and IoDrvSendClass3ConnectedMessage methods is exactly what I needed (it has structure with service code, class code, Instance and Attribute), but yesterday I found out that that library is for Hilscher card only.

Thank you!