Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Raspberry Pi

acter
2015-03-03
2015-03-05
  • acter - 2015-03-03

Hello everybody...especially a forum admin...

I have two short questions...

1) I want to use solution RasPi+Codesys for automate my new house...and the question is...How serious RasPi project is from 3S side ? Is it only experiment what can be close/stopped anytime or is it really serious project where do you have long term plan ?
    2) When I want to use 2 RasPi in redundancy mode -> I expect I need two licences, am I right ?

Thanks for your answers

• RolandWagner

RolandWagner - 2015-03-04

Thank you for your interest in the SoftPLC CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi.

In fact we develop and test this SoftPLC in the same way as all our other SoftPLCs. It is included in our standard quality assurance process and thus tested for every single release of CODESYS.
    Nevertheless, as mentioned in the Product Data Sheet (which is as well available for Download) this product is NOT intended for the use in industrial applications. Thus we cannot guarantee standard features like real time behavior, mechanical or thermal features which are typical for industrial controllers as we only deliver the SoftPLC for the Raspbian Linux (without real time properties) and we have of course no influence on the hardware.

In case you need industrial features as mentioned above with the adequate warranty and maintenance it is recommended to use industrial devices. CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi is ideal for educational purposes and for home constructors who want to realize their ideas in a quick way with a professional software.

Concerning the maintenance of the device:
    We will of course maintain and update the SoftPLC as long as the Raspberry Pi is available and there is a request for updates.

• acter - 2015-03-05

Thanks a lot for your answer.

And the second question ?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2015-03-05

Hi,

2) When I want to use 2 RasPi in redundancy mode -> I expect I need two licences, am I right ?
    yes, each Pi need a license.

But there is no ready to use redundancy package for the pi,
    so this you need to implement in your application some how.
    (If a fieldbus is used you need to select the right one which is switchable/possible to disable, if you are using only local stuff it is a little bit easier, depending on your requirements)

BR
    Edwin

• acter - 2015-03-05

OK...understand a little bit...does exist any sample project where is redundancy for RPi is used. Only for take a look how it`s working...I will use ProfiNet and OneWire