Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

controlling a Schneider Lexium mdrive through profinet

brotjob
2015-02-25
2018-09-18
  • brotjob - 2015-02-25

I would like to control the new Schneider Electric Lexium mDrive with Profinet interface (stepper motors of different sizes). In the list of devices I found only the Lexium32. Is there a way to get devices to work that are not in Codesys?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2015-02-25

Hi,
    in which list did you found this?
    We provide with the CODESYS Setup SoftMotion ethercat drivers for Lexium32.

Everthing else you need to add by importing the profinet gsdml xml files which you install into the devicerepository.
    That's the procedure on every fieldbus.
    Probably you have this xml's from Schneider and you need to impoert them.

BR
    Edwin

IMG: ImportDevices.jpg

• brotjob - 2015-03-29

I am stuck. Tried to modify the softmotion example in order to control the Lexium mDrive but despite installing the GSDML I get an error, see attached picture. When I right-click the last item in the mdrive tree Codesys suggests to download the missing device information. But when I click on that I just get an error "Download fehlgeschlagen". Intrestingly it looks like Codesys tries to download the missing information from the codesys store. What did I miss?

IMG: schneider

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2015-03-30

Hi,

the download does only work for devices which are from 3S
    not for fieldbus slaves / ESI /EDS / GSDML files... These slave files need to be imported into the device repository.
    In your example you need to set the device by "GerΓ€t setzen".

BR
    Edwin

IMG: PlugDevice.jpg

IMG: Plug.jpg

IMG: Geraet_setzen.jpg

• brotjob - 2015-03-30

OK, but I do not see anything specific to a drive. Will have to ask the guys from Schneider on how to proceed further.

• sumkrnboy - 2018-09-18

Was there a resolution to this? I am running across the same issue.