Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Modbus RTU with MAX 485 ?

Kampfwurst
2015-01-08
2015-01-09
  • Kampfwurst - 2015-01-08

Hello

I have a "big" Problem.
    I would like to use the MAX485 for Modbus RTU on the UART Port (GPIO14 and 15). Everything is fine but for the MAX485 I need to change the direction (transmit or receive) with a pin.
    If this GPIO pin is high i can send through the MAX485. If this GPIO Pin is low than the MAX485 can receive.

Now i have the Problem that canΒ΄t get any direction variable from the Modbus library to toggle this Pin so im stuck at the moment.

Has someone maybe any idea

Greetings Christoph

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2015-01-08

Hello Christoph,

I'm not really sure, but using MAX 485 on the tty is not really possible without having
    handshake pins to give the direction. To workaround this by a kind of own implemented mechanism
    will not lead to a reliable solution.
    I would recommend to use a ready to use USB to RS485 Adapter instead implement this with a huge effort.

Maybe I am totally wrong and someone could give us a hint how to solve this with a MAX485 circuit.

Best Regards
    Edwin