Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

First Steps and missing IODrvEtherCAT

Carsten
2014-09-05
2014-09-05
  • Carsten - 2014-09-05

Hi there,

as mentioned I am relative new to CoDeSys though I am dealing with TwinCAT for many years now.
    I got a raspberry Pi with a licensed runtime of CodeSys 3 and have done the first steps with it
    successfully. Webvisu and all basic stuff works.

Now I am trying to hook up an EK1100 from Beckhoff to the Pi and play with some hardware.
    I have installed the latest Development Environment 3.5 SP5 as of yesterday evening.
    I also imported the Beckhoff device description files (.xml) in order to use their hardware.

But whenever I put the EtherCAT master in my project (with adresses ane everything setup ok)
    I get an error at compile time saying somehting like this:

'Die Bibliothek IODrvEtherCAT, 3.5.5.?? ist nicht installiert.' / 'The Library IODrvEtherCAT, 3.5.5.?? is not installed.'

Where do I get this library? I also tried to automatically download updates, only Codesys finds none.

What am I doing wrong here?

PS: I am not using the german language in case somebody in overseas runs into the same problems.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2014-09-05

Hi Carsten,

open the attached projectarchive, this should solve your problem.
    or on your ethercat project check if raspberry pi device and ethercat master are in the newest version
    (rightclick on the plc device in the device tree -> update device, then rightclick to your ethercat Master in the device tree - update device both to the current version)

BR
    Edwin

EtherCAT.projectarchive [9.76 MiB]