Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Modbus/TCP supported functions

ndzied1
2014-04-10
2019-08-15
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • urbanlarsson - 2015-01-22

Any updates on this?

/U

• dsyakira - 2017-06-16

Edwin Schwellinger hat geschrieben:
    Hi Zdenko,
    see attached example, this should show how it works, Pi is ModbusMaser and Modbus Slave at the same time (only for me to test purpose),
    in case you use this with you Modbus Master which is running on you windows machine, please remove the Modbus Master from this project example.
    BR
    Edwin

Hey Edwin,
    Can you explain what's this part is doing? I can't understand what's it doing. Thank you

IMG: Capture.PNG

• AndreasR - 2019-06-13

Is there any update?
    I want to share Holding & Input Registers in the same way WAGO does in Codesys V2.3 (ADR 3000hex = %MW0).
    Thanks!

• WAGOKurt - 2019-08-11

The WAGO e!COCKPIT Modbus TCP library works well, in that you can locate the holding register data array at %MW0, and then locate your global variables overlapping. Then your variables work essentially like C2.3 %MW R/W modbus variables. Tip: If you declare the array starting at a number, that is used as the offset. For example Holding_Data AT %MW0 : ARRAY[100..200] OF WORD; this would be MB4x100 - 4x200, which is very clever.

FYI: This overlapping trick also works with the C3.5 modbus slave library, however when the master is stopped all variables are set to 0 / FALSE! I had to add extra array that I "save" and "load" when the modbus slave FB client count goes to zero. Not very elegant, but works. Also I did not see any way to offset the MB address, it always starts at 4x0.

I tried the built in modbus slave server but the check box for overlapping Input and Holding did not work for me unfortunately. I was using 3.5.14.10 so maybe its been fixed since then. This would be better than using libraries, however the way WAGO implemented this in C2.3 was the best in my opinion and was loved by many. I don't like using %IW and %QW because then the HMI has to retain all parameter values, and the PLC has no means of changing those variable values which is very limiting. Of, you have to implement complicated logic to look at two variables, ugh, no thanks!

• Tiziano - 2019-08-15

Hi everyone,
    how can I insert the modbus server block in the project?
    Can you tell me how I can insert more registers both in writing and in reading because in the menu 'modbus tcp slave devide iec objects I have only 10 registers and I don't know how to add them.
    Thank you all for your answers.

• Tiziano - 2019-08-15

Hi everyone,
    how can I insert the modbus server block in the project?
    Can you tell me how I can insert more registers both in writing and in reading because in the menu 'modbus tcp slave devide iec objects I have only 10 registers and I don't know how to add them.
    Thank you all for your answers.

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)