kmpm - 2014-03-07

I'm trying to get some kind of communication going with CODESYS on the RPI.
I haven't been able to find a OPC server that are able to run on linux and definitely not on the RPI so I started thinking about implementing something else to run in CODESYS to allow me to do some API communication with some other services.

HTTP could work but I didn't like the client that was in either oscat or the TwitterLibrary from CODESYS Store. Do anyone know or have another HTTP client that just works?

I also started to write an implementation of an MQTT client that I possibly could use and would perhaps be even better than HTTP in my case.
The library that I have created can currently log on to the server and publish data but still no subscribing which would be necessary for me, I'm not good enough at coding in CODESYS yet to pull it of in a way that I would like and is as little blocking as possible.

There is something called PLC Handler on the 3S homepage but that seems to cost a bit more that I would like to spend on this but in my dream world a PLC/MQTT gateway using that running on a RPI or other Linux machine would probably be my wet dream.

Does anyone else here have any suggestions, ideas or any other input on this?
How could I do? What should I use?

//Peter