Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

HMI connected on raspberry

Tiziano
2020-02-24
2020-05-29
  • Tiziano - 2020-02-24

Hi everyone, is it possible to connect a touch screen to the raspberry without using the codesysy internal web server and to see the same pages programmed inside the Codesys editor?
    Thank you

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2020-02-24

Hi,
    it is,
    you need to execute:
    "c:\Program Files\CODESYS 3.5.15.30\GatewayPLC\RemoteTargetVisu.exe"
    scan the PI/plc and then you have it.
    (Sure you need to cal this on an Windows PC) not on the PI.

BR
    Edwin

• Tiziano - 2020-02-24

Hello and thanks for the reply,
    Could I connect the raspberry with codesys to a weintec type operator panel without pointing to an IP address?

• Armin Friedrich - 2020-05-29

Hi, you mean Weintek HMI? Weintek HMI is industrial HMI with many protocol (S7, Modbus TCP/IP, Modbus RTU...), so you must choose right protocol to connect Weintek HMI to Raspberry running Codesys. You cannot connect raspberry with codesys to weintek hmi without IP address or RS485 address

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2020-02-24

Hi,
    if on the weintec pc is on MS Windows (7 or 10), yes
    If you PI is 3.5.15.x you need to install the Edge Gateway and use then the Gateway in the PI to connect/scan the PI plc.
    BR
    Edwin

• i-campbell

i-campbell - 2020-05-29

DSL limited in the UK have a HDMI input touchscreen which you could connect to the Raspberry's HDMI Port (for the display) and USB port (for the touch). There are instructions in this forum for how to setup chromium on the raspberry pi to load maximized on startup and point to the webvisu on the local raspberry. I am sure other manufacturers have similar screens. Ethernet is more noise immune than HDMI signals, so mount the PLC (raspberry) so that the HDMI cable is as short as possible and don't pass it near anything electrically noisy.

Of course, if you don't want to mount it to a control panel, and dust isn't an issue, you can do this with any hdmi touchscreen from your local computer or electronics store.