Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Raspberry Pi with Realtime Patch, Pixtend, Softmotion, 3 axis gant via ethercat with some strange behaviours

sven-p
2020-02-05
2020-02-08
  • sven-p - 2020-02-05

Hi together,

I hope someone has the same or similar issues and can give me a hint. I am using softmotion with group move on a raspberry pi 3B+ (real time patch applied) with Pixtend https://www.pixtend.de/pixtend-v2/hardw ... ontroller/. The target is to control a 3 axis gantry robot (mill) via Ethercat. But I am facing some strange behaviours:

1. If I use the error halt functionality of the axis drivers (input I/O of the drivers) the state of the group and the single axis are going to error state - which is completely fine. But after releasing the error halt and resetting the group via MC_GroupReset, all single axis are reset, but not the group state. More strange is that the MC_GroupReset function is not returning done or error for a long time. The Group error mentions SMC_AXIS_GROUP_FOLLOW_SETVALUES but I do not get from the documentation why I get this error or what it means.
    2. Sometimes it is not possible to move the axis (group move) but homing before works fine. There is completely no error mentioned (group, single axis, function blocks, device log) but still, sometimes it just doesn't move.
    3. Most strange behaviour is that sometimes without a trigger the axis are moving, which can be very dangerous in some cases. Previously I had a "broken" touchscreen which triggers unwanted events, but I removed them.

Additional information:
    Raspberry Pi Codesys Runtime is V3.5.15.20
    Softmotion Version 4.6.0.0
    Codesys IDE Version V3.5 SP15 Patch 2

I hope someone can get me some insights or some ideas what the root cause(s) are. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
    Sven

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2020-02-06

Hi,
    which drives are used... you need to check the Axis state in case of the hanging
    AxisGroupReset...

BR
    Edwin

• sven-p - 2020-02-08

Hi,

I found now at least one of the root cause: I thought I do not need the softmotion planning task, that's why I set it to 15 min (max and it will not work without one). I have no calculations in it, but still something happens. It looks like the axis are reset in the Motion Task, but the Group is reset in the planning task. Now the reset works and also the other cases didn't happen again. Additionally I created a newer Real Time Patch Kernel vor the Raspberry Pi (Version 4.19.x) which might also have some effect (at least on the not planned movements?)

Best regards,
    Sven