Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Memory full

JAPIB
2019-10-03
2019-10-07
  • JAPIB

JAPIB - 2019-10-03

J've got an error message after trying to load my project in my Raspberry pi3 (with CODESYS V3.5 SP15 Patch 1)
    Error message " Download KO; Disk full".

I reinstalled rasbian to solve the problem. But i'm not sure it is the good solution and I fear that problem will come again.

This problem leads me to ask questions :
    Where does CODESYS store the project, on the SD card or on the RAM memory ? (I use a 32 Go SD Card !!)
    How to be sure to reset the memory, becouse when I get my problem, it seems the "Reset Origin command" don't resolve the problem.

Thank you in advance for your ideas.

BR

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-10-04

Hi,

all application relatated files are stored in:
    /var/opt/codesys/PlcLogic/

I would exclude that CODESYS does fill a 32g SD card.
    You could remove all CODESYS transfered files by:
    Reset-origin-device command.

Maybe you could check in the CLI
    find / -type f -size +5000k
    if there are huge files in the system.

BR
    Edwin

IMG: ResetOriginalDevice.png

• JAPIB

JAPIB - 2019-10-04

Hi Edwin,
    Thank you.
    If the problem come again I will check with you command.

What is the difference between the "Reset-origin-device" command and the "Reset origin" command in the in Line menu ?

BR

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-10-04

Hi,

"Reset origin" - reset the application including all varibales to init value(retains too) -

"Reset-origin-device" does remove the whole application (bootapplication is removed too) inclduing all files which have been downloaded to the plc- ( even files which are not in the project anymore)
    imagine you play around with different applications on the PI, then you have different images/icons downloaeded/ - they will never removed.
    After doing this a new 'full' download of the application is needed!

BR
    Edwin

• josepmariarams - 2019-10-06

Hi.

When you install raspbian from an image for first time, it has format an small part of the total disk space.

You can go to raspi_config and there is an option to wxpant filesystem to the totality of your sd.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

• JAPIB

JAPIB - 2019-10-06

HI Joseph,
    Thank you for the idea.
    I know this expansion with older versions of Rasbian.
    With Rasbian Stretch, this option does not exist in the graphical configurator.
    Anyway before having the problem described, I had already successfully used my raspberry with this program and this version of rasbian.
    The problem occurred after a program reload after a program change.
    I suppose there was a phenomenon that disrupted memory, a big file, or something else.
    If the problem comes back I will test the memory with the command that Edwin told me.

BR

• josepmariarams - 2019-10-07

Hi Japib

I have a problem due a new downloads caused by a bad gestionof dynamic memory in FB_exits.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk