Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Beckhoff EL6751

2019-01-20
2019-01-24
  • KKempeneers - 2019-01-20

Hello,

I'm pulling my last remaining hairs over the CANOpen setup I inherited from a colleague ...

Searchin' the WWW I found this forum post https://forum.codesys.com/viewtopic.php?t=8932

I have the same problem, cant get the configuration to work. All Can devices have the red triangle next to them CAN-ERR and RUN led's blink rapidly. (See screenshot)

Any input on the matter will be greatly appreciated.

Koen.

[edit] Forgot to mention ... when I scan the EtherCat master for devices I get this result ...

The EL6751 does not appear in the device list. Scanning the CAN master returns no devices.

IMG: screenshot.png

IMG: DeviceScan.png

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-01-20

Hi,

I would recommend to check the plc logger… and set CANOPEN_DEBUG as Compiler define
    to get more information.

BR
    Edwin

Hi Edwin,

Where do I define CANOPEN_DEBUG?

Koen.

• eschwellinger

Hi Koen,

Application Properties (rightclick on application in the device tree)
    here:

BR
    Edwin

IMG: CANOPEN_DEBUG.png

Hi Edwin,

Thanks I found it. I have lots of CANOPEN related defines in there.

CANOPEN_NO_MODULARDEVICES, CANOPEN_NO_NODEGUARDING, CANOPEN_NO_SYNCPDOS, CANOPEN_NO_SYNC, CANOPEN_NO_TIMEPRODUCING, CANOPEN_DEBUG

The log returns:

Hope you can make something of it.

Koen.

• eschwellinger

Hi,
    hm.. CANbus resitors or wiring ..?
    BR
    Edwin

• KKempeneers - 2019-01-21

Hi Edwin,

I have the CANOpen bus up and running now, the problem was a firmware version in the EDS files for the BK5120. I have the BA version and loaded EDS files for more recent version.

Moving the problem up I found xml description files for the KL modules but they do not get loaded in because "The import filters couldn't be found". Can you please point me in the right direction? I have KL1104 and KL2134 I/O.

KR

Koen.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-01-22

Hi,
    I think there are no EDS files available for this... (maybe I'm wrong)
    please ask the Beckhoff Support.
    Another Option which I would prefer is to use BK1120 or 1150 - there you could get an MDP Version which would make it possibe to use
    KBUS

BR
    Edwin

• KKempeneers - 2019-01-23

Hi all,

I find this kind of strange ... BK5120 is a CANOpen K-Bus Buskoppler. But I can't seem to find a way to read and or write to the KL1104 and KL2134 K-Bus Busterminals.

Even more strange is that Beckhoff tech support (in Belgium) says to find help elsewhere

Mmm, anyway using Edwin's advice I downloaded the MDP for the EtherCat K-Bus kopplers BK1120 ... what do you know the XML files for the I/O modules are included in this package

I can load the modules in the devices tab under the BK1120;

But can't seem to place the modules under the BK5120 ...

Is there maybe a workarround by writing to specific registers? How do I determine the addresses to read / write to access the I/O modules?

IMG: Devices.png

• KKempeneers - 2019-01-24

Hi all,

Just for future reference and it might help others ...

When the correct eds file for the BK5120 is loaded in the device repository and in the devices tree one must add the mappings under the PDO tab for the BK5120 Buskoppler. The whole process is kind off self explanatory. At least once you find the nerve to click on the add mapping button.

Kind regards,

Koen