Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

SVN - How to handle image pools

TimvH
2015-12-01
2015-12-03
  • TimvH

TimvH - 2015-12-01

I have added an Image Pool to a project which is checked-out from SVN.
    In the image pool the images are inserted as "embedded".

When this project is committed, other users cannot see the embedded images when an SVN update is executed.
    The images in the image pool have a property that the image is linked to a file with a hard path reference to where I got the images from:
    C:......\imagename.png
    This is strange, because I inserted them as "embedded"

My question:
    How should an image pool be used in combination with SVN to make sure the other users get the correct images when updating the application from SVN?

PS, I am working with CODESYS V3.5.7.2 and SVN 4.0.3.0.

• Anonymous - 2015-12-03

Originally created by: M.Schaber

Hi,

When you commit the image pool, make sure you also commit the hidden object which actually contains the embedded image. I have to admit that this is not obvious, especially when the image pool is defined within the application, and you open the commit dialog via the context menu of the image pool, the hidden image object will not show up in the dialog (it only shows when you open the commit dialog from the root node of the project).

We filed CDS-46729

(We already have such a mechanism in place for the device objects.)

HTH,
    Markus

IMG: SelectHidenImageFiles.png

• TimvH

TimvH - 2015-12-03

Hi Markus,

Perfect. Thank you very much!

Regards,

Tim