Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

SVN license not found

volker
2015-02-17
2015-02-24
  • volker - 2015-02-17

Hi at all,

I use CODESYS V3.5 SP5 Patch 4 with the SVN plugin 4.0.0.0 and a SVN license on a USB dongle.

Sometimes, when I open a second CODESYS project, there pops up a message, that says that no SVN license was found. This happens when first or second CODESYS project is opened by a python script (see attachment). When I open both projects by a double click in Windows Explorer everything works fine.

thanx
    Volker

CoDeSysScript.py [3.37 KiB]

• mkeller - 2015-02-18

Hi volker.

How often does this problem appear?

Is there also an error message on the "Events" tab of the CodeMeter Control Center?

Have you tried the latest version of the CODESYS SVN package? At the moment it is V4.0.1.2.

BR
    Martin

• Anonymous - 2015-02-20

Originally created by: M.Schaber

Hi, Volker,

It seems there is a problem in the CodeMeter software used for license protection. When several instances of CODESYS are started in rapid succession, some of them may fail to get valid licenses.

We're currently investigating this issue together with Wibu Systems, and try to implement a workaround in the next release (CDS-42630).

• volker - 2015-02-20

Hi M. Keller and M. Schaber,

How often does this problem appear?
    When I start in the morning it works well (for hours). But if it happened once, all other attempts will fail.

Is there also an error message on the "Events" tab of the CodeMeter Control Center?
    Yes, see attachment.

V4.0.1.2.
    Yes, I’ve updated but it still happens.

in rapid succession
    It also happens, when I work slowly.

Additional info: I start one CODESYS with WinAPI function CreateProcess (and python script):

CreateProcess(codesyspath, cmdline, NULL, NULL, FALSE, 0, NULL, plcpropath, &si, &pi)

codesyspath : C:\Program Files\3S CODESYS\CODESYS\Common\CODESYS.exe

cmdline : "C:\Program Files\3S CODESYS\CODESYS\Common\CODESYS.exe" --profile="CODESYS V3.5 SP5 Patch 4" --runscript="CoDeSysScript.py" --scriptargs:'"C:\Projekte\STL2\Debug\Data\CoDeSys\GenC\Test2700.project" 128' –enablescripttracing

plcpropath : C:\Projekte\STL2\Debug\Data\CoDeSys\GenC

But it does not matter, if I start first CODESYS by Windows Explorer and second by WinAPI or vice versa.

thanx
    Volker

SVN CodeMeter Events.txt [8.4 KiB]

• Anonymous - 2015-02-20

Originally created by: M.Schaber

Hi, Volker,

We did forward your additional information to the coworker who is investigating the issue. We'll keep you updated.

• m.wagner - 2015-02-23

Hi Volker,

the reason might be, that the station-share machanism is not working with your script.

Please ensure that the user you are running the script with is the same as your user when you start CODESYS interactively.

BR,

Matthias

• volker - 2015-02-23

Hi Matthias,

the Windows-Task-Manager shows that all CODESYS.EXE instances are startet from the same user (de9eezt1).

best regards
    Volker

• m.wagner - 2015-02-24

Hi Volker,

unfortunately I can not reproduce your license error on my machine. Therefore I would suggest to contact our support team to get it reproduced on our side.
    This is necessary to provide a custom bugfix on this issue.

Support details you will find under the following link: http://www.codesys.com/support-training/codesys-support.html

Thanks,

Matthias