Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Destination folder using Package Designer

2014-11-18
2015-03-09
  • iainriddell - 2014-11-18

Hi

Does anyone know how to change the destination folders using the package designer? I can happily change it by using %DESKTOP% for example in the TargetFolder field in the File item. However, it will always copy it across to Desktop/Component/File/<filename>. How do I change the name the of the Component or File folder? So it could be something like Desktop/Motion Library/Examples/<filename>.</filename></filename>

Thanks
    Iain Riddell

• m.wagner - 2014-12-12

Hi Iain,

you do not need to change the component or file folder. Please set the file item's properties as follows:

IgnoreArchiveFolder: True
    TargetFolder: %DESKTOP%/Motion Library/Examples

Now the internal structure will be ignored and your folder will be created under the user's desktop.

Matthias

• iainriddell - 2015-03-09

m.wagner hat geschrieben:
    Hi Iain,
    you do not need to change the component or file folder. Please set the file item's properties as follows:
    IgnoreArchiveFolder: True
    TargetFolder: %DESKTOP%/Motion Library/Examples
    Now the internal structure will be ignored and your folder will be created under the user's desktop.
    Matthias

Hi Matthias

Many thanks for your help.
    One final question, what other target folders are available? For example is there an valid file path which points to the "My Documents" folder on the user's profile or other files such as the AppData. I know visual studio has "Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.ApplicationData)" for pointing to the user's AppData folder.

Kind Regards
    Iain Riddell