CODESYS - the IEC 61131-3 automation software

Welcome to the official CODESYS Forum
Deutsche Version English version russian version 
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:33 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:07 pm 

After adding the SMS Service package - Please explain how to resolve library CAADTUtil.

Thank you!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:06 pm 

Please look at the pictures – Identifier ‘DTU’ not defined… I have searched every corner of the 3S-Systems documentation, without finding any kind of hint regarding this issue.

Google have helped a little, guiding me to understand that this ‘CAADTUtil’ library provides “FUNCTIONS FOR HANDLING DATE AND TIME”… In this case, related to the ‘SMS Service’ add-on. It is not working – that is a fact and absolutely no official guidance are available – shame on you ‘3S-Systems’.

It would be of great assistance if anyone, with any level of experience in the 'SMS Service' would make a comment/remark.

I will not be surprised if none of you users are familiar with this issue – how could you be? This is a specific developer software flaw, which 3S-Systems should address, soon… My guess is though - 3S-Systems do not find this important, due to a very limited distribution sale of the ‘SMS Service’ library (yes, it actually costs money). What benefit will 3S-Systems gain, from helping me…? I have only spent €150 in their CodeSys store… Why should they care? How much noise can I make?

Library ’CAADTUtil’ is a 3S-Systems product, so I would certainly expect them to involve some resources in this issue… Does anyone in here have experience with the 3S-Systems support level – do they provide any support. With all respect, I find the ‘CODESYS Development System V3’ documentation availability, very poor – I cannot find one single match when I search for ‘DTU.ERROR’ or ‘DTU.DTConcat’, in the CODESYS V3 online help.

How does a 3S-systems customer solve a problem like this, without help from the vendor…?

Thank you!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:47 am 
Site Admin

Hi,
this should not happen in general (this store examples should work and I have verified it with Raspberry PI it does)
If I use it with 3.5.10.0 CODESYS and 3.5.10.0 Raspberry Pi package everything seems to be ok.
Could you update to current Version - both CODESYS and Pi Package?

In general if you are missng a placeholder somewhere you could Redirect them in the placeholder dialog.

BR
Edwin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:34 am 

Same issue here. No idea how to proceed because the errors don't give direct hint were to look.

WIN 10 64 Business
Codesys V3.5 SP12 Patch 3+ 64 bit
SMS Service 1.0.0.6

Idea would be to use this library with raspberry but tried also to import it into empty project. Same problem in there.

Please help.