Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Size of used data is negative

tonypdean
2015-08-01
2015-08-04
  • tonypdean - 2015-08-01

Hi,

While compiling my program using CodeSys 2.3, I have noticed that it reports "Size of used data: -249509 of 249856 (-99.86%)" but it is not shown as an error.

What does this mean? Does it mean there isn't enough memory in my target system (Wago 750-841)?

Thanks

• shooter - 2015-08-03

please send your program, and i will have a look what happens.

• tonypdean - 2015-08-04

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the code cannot be released into the public domain due to confidentiality issues but I really appreciate your offer to look at it. Strangely, as I continued to develop the program, the fault seems to have disappeared but I am not sure when it happened or what I did.

Could you please tell me what exactly the "used data" is so that perhaps I can figure out what I did to "fix" it?

Thanks again for your kind offer of help.

Tony

• shooter - 2015-08-04

you may sent it to e shooter@home.nl e (please as export file)
    the calculation can be faulty due to compilation, do not worry too much, as it probably is just because the program is different size as calcs do expect, like when you do global vars, and local vars with same name.
    check for unused and double things.
    and 99.86 % is very close to 100 %.