Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Adding a thermocouple card

TommyK
2014-01-16
2014-01-16
  • TommyK - 2014-01-16

Hello....I am new to CodeSys (2.3) so please feel free to talk down to me

I have a Wago Series 750 PLC that has been programmed with CoDeSys. There are 2 PLCs in the system, 192.168.1.31 is the master, and 192.168.1.32 is the remote PLC located in a building only a couple of meters away. I can ping both successfully. The system appears to be working without issue.

I was asked to install two J-Type thermocouples which means I need to add a card (750-469/000-006) to the remote PLC.

When looking at the CoDeSys .pro file, I can see how to add a card to the master PLC as follows:
    Resources tab - PLC Configuration - right click on K-bus and "Append Subelement"

PROBLEM:
    How can I add a card to the remote PLC? The master PLC no problem, the remote PLC.....I cannot figure out how to do it. I cannot even figure out how to look at the remote PLCs hardware configuration.

Any assistance would be appreciated.....Thomas (Alberta Canada)

IMG: Remote PLC.JPG

IMG: Add Card.png

• shooter - 2014-01-16

on the master is a K-Bus, when putting a module extra all the Digital hardware will shift a few words up, so some care is needed.
    on the slave same shifting
    you have to change the fieldbus variable aat the master software, however your slave has to be a coupler (other type number like 750-341)
    when it is also a 841 then there is a program running in your slave.

• TommyK - 2014-01-16

Thanks for your fast response Shooter!

It looks like the .pro file is done in function blocks with a password, so my hands are tied.

We are contacting the manufacturer to ask them to make the changes.

Best regards....Thomas