Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

The {define identifier string} macro

Steven666
2013-12-10
2013-12-15
  • Steven666 - 2013-12-10

Hello everybody,

I have a few problems with following code (see screenshots):

• First problem: I define a new symbol replacement directive, but the compiler doesn't recognize the defined symbol "REPLACE_ME" after the pre-compiler has build it.
      And he definitly pre-compiles this piece of code since I can see in the output that debug mode is enabled !
      Does anybody know how to use the {define identifier string} macro ?

• Further more I want to write my own ASSERT(x) macro which is only defined during debug mode, and wich takes 1 or 2 parameters for validation.
      Second problem: you can't define DEBUG outside PLC_PRG. I found this issue back in the help and I think this is a major limitation! How would it be possible to use my ASSERT(x) macro in other libraries??
      Third problem: It's not possible to use the symbol " {error '...'} " inside a {define identifier}. How can I display an error in the output?
      Fourth problem: in C++ you can convert x to a string using #, but how is this done in CoDeSys?
      Fifth problem: how can you define the identifier as a function, which takes 1 or more parameters?

Thanks for all help and comments !

IMG: define.png

IMG: Assert.png

• shooter - 2013-12-15

this is probly version 3 so put your question downthere.