Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

multiple steps active

Anonymous
2013-08-05
2013-08-05
  • Anonymous - 2013-08-05

Originally created by: mr_sargent

I am new to SFC and I think I am having a problem. At any point in the SFC flow I would like to give a command to move to a certain step (a re-home step). As you can see in the attached picture I am setting an IEC action to look for this command. When the command is given it does jump to the step I intend. The only problem is it appears I have 2 steps active. (1.) the step that I wanted to jump to from the action, and (2) the step I was on before the command was given. Is this a problem? If so, are there any suggestions to fix this problem?

Also, I have a couple of actions that are set in the beginning of the program (with IEC step) and never reset. The reason I am doing this is because I need to monitor I/O and variables? Is this a correct way of doing this? Is appears to be working just fine but wanted to know if these is bad programming practice.

Thanks.

IMG: sfc question.jpg

• shooter - 2013-08-05

it is not wise to jump to an action. you need a state machine for this, you can use some extra transitions, when a homing is needed.