Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CANopen and CoDeSys

tylerj333
2012-10-03
2012-11-21
  • tylerj333 - 2012-10-03

Hi there,

So I am currently undertaking a university project, and have hit a major hurdle. I have a PLC and a radio transceiver device. The radio transceiver requires configuration using a DCF file before it will turn on the internal radio transceiver, i.e. before it will allow a remote to communicate with it. Once it is configured it will send a CAN message to the PLC, and upon receiving this message i will then send a CAN message back to the device with a NMT command telling it to move into the operational state.

So my main issues lie in using the PLC in CoDeSys to configure the device, and to communicate with the device. Especially in regards to configuration using the DCF file. This is the first time i have ever seen CANopen/CAN, and have very little idea how to implement all of this through CoDeSys.

Any dummy code/logical thinking/helpful hints would be super greatly appreciated! as this is the last hurdle in completing my project

Regards,

Tyler.

• shooter - 2012-10-03

go to w www.oscat.de w
    it has subroutines for networking.
    the site is german but the software is in english.
    get yourself the txt file to, here you can see a good example of how to write software

• Siavash-80 - 2012-11-19

shooter hat geschrieben:
    go to http://www.oscat.de
    it has subroutines for networking.
    the site is german but the software is in english.
    get yourself the txt file to, here you can see a good example of how to write software

Hi shooter,
    I have same problem or it better to say I want to use CAN bus. I read the txt file "OSCAT Basic Text Version:3.33 " but I did not find any routine for networking, could you upload the file.. And also it is possible for you make a simple example.
    Thank you very much in advance.

• shooter - 2012-11-20

go to oscat.de and look for the network routines.

• Siavash-80 - 2012-11-21

shooter hat geschrieben:
    go to oscat.de and look for the network routines.

Hi
    I searched on the website, but I did not find any text file with the name of "network routines". Moreover, I have checked out other categories again I could not find any text file that described how to create a network. I would be grateful if you could write a simple code and uploaded here in order to clarifying how to connect One PLC with an I/O module based on CAN BUS interface.

Thanks